Wednesday, October 04, 2006

You gotta look UP!


Today I had several errands to run. We had to order heating oil for our house...there isn't much showing on the dipstick and I sure don't wanna run out! We don't have the furnace on the winter setting yet so there is no heat in the radiators but we do need it for hot water. They can't come out until next Wednesday! I hope it holds out. That's one errand that didn't work out like I had hoped. Then I had to go to the library and return books, movies and tell them about the CDs that were in our Jeep and got stolen to see what they wanted us to do about that. Another not so fun errand. My last one before heading home was to the shoppette to pick up some phone cards so Jeffrey can call us..and I wanted to grab a magazine and a book for Colin too. The lines were long, but I want to get those cards in the mail for him tomorrow so I was willing to wait. And I get up there and get a new cashier...who with his eagle eyes notices that my checks are imprinted with Bill's name and mine isn't on there. I write checks ALL the time!! He had to go ask his manager...who had to come out and tell me that no they could not accept it. I KNOW I have even wrote checks and gave them to that same manager before and had them accepted! Ah well..there was nowhere to get by arguing so I just had to go on home. Colin was waiting in the car when I came up...I wasn't looking anywhere but at the sidewalk and towards the car...I was MAD! Colin hopped out of the car just as I got to it and said to me loudly "MOM...STOP!....LOOK!!!!" and pointed at the sky. The photo doesn't do it justice. It was one of those kinda amazing WOW sunsets. Thank you Colin! Thank you God!

No comments: