Saturday, October 14, 2006

Empty Nest weekend!



Colin went on a boy scout camping trip to Stuttgart this weekend so Bill and I have the house all to ourselves! So that is my picture of the day for Oct. 13.

A kid free house...that doesn't happen very often. I met Bill at his office after I dropped Colin off and we went to downtown Heidelberg to enjoy the nice evening. Surprisingly it was very quiet even though the weather was gorgeous and the stores were open. We mostly poked around some streets we haven't been down before and looked in an antique shop we like before stopping for dinner at Mandy's...a simple but good Thai restaurant. There is a flea market today in Heidelberg...so we are going to go see what treasures we can find. Whoohoo!!

When we were downtown we happened on a display that was created out of a whole bunch of blocks of wood that they apparently sent around to different schools around the world and had kids decorate on the theme of peace. They had them all put together in a big fence kinda thing and I guess it goes from town to town or something. Very interesting. So I kinda fudged on the picture of the day...I chose 2 so you can see them all put together and also a closeup of a few of them. It was a neat exhibit.

No comments: