Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Railroad Crossing....look out for the cars!

Last weekend we visited a train museum in Heilbronn. They had a huge collection of over 80 steam engines in different states of repair and renovation all displayed in and around a working roundhouse. We were among about 4 or 5 people visiting that day and pretty much had the run of the place. It is just amazing how HUGE those steam locomotives are! We took loads of pictures and did our best to see everything there was to see....clearly more trains than Colin cared to see...he was getting a bit bored by Bill and I taking so long, but it was a photographer's paradise! I was practicing different ways to frame things and also closeups and Bill was just taking great photos. Here are a few (well more than a few) of our faves....



I thought these three reminded me of the 3 bears...Papa train on the right, Mama train in the middle and Baby train on the left!

Here are a few pictures of the roundhouse area....























Here's some closeups.......














At one end of the railyard were a few seemingly forgotten locomotives and cars rusting in the weeds and berry vines.




















Colin did get to try his hand at switching the tracks. Pretty strong guy to move a set of tracks like that! WHEW!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You posted these just for Dad didn't you??
Love that tongue action, Colin.
Mom :~}

sollie said...

I love those steam trains. They look so impressive.

Treighsie said...

Wow! That's awesome! My kids would love to see something like that!

Unknown said...

OMG>>...those trains are too awesome...My grandson loves trains and I am desperately seeking a day trip with something like this when I go to visit him....Thanks for sharing
Robin (tqmnurse)

sollie said...

Yeah, Didi, I did 2 pages during this crop. Well done, don't you think?
Love, Isolde