Monday, August 06, 2007

The Nectar of the gods.......


aka Mountain Dew! If you live at our house or have spent any time around me then you know that is the drink I speak of when I refer to the "Nectar of the gods". I just gotta have my Dew! I know it has the most caffeine and probably the most sugar than other soft drinks. I know you can get it in Diet or Caffeine Free versions. But...YUK! I have tried...really I have tried and I just can't switch. In a pinch I will drink a Mellow Yello but I know the difference....and they now have it available here in Germany too in some places, but I can taste the difference between a German Mountain Dew and the "real deal". Just not the same. It has been my favorite drink probably since I was in 4th or 5th grade. I even remember the first time I had one! I was a member of a church kids group and we had gone on a picnic or hike or something in the city park and I found this unopened can of Mountain Dew and brought it home with me. (Yeah...I know...gross...but I was a kid and you know how kids are, always dragging who knows what home!) I guess mom and dad looked at it and decided it hadn't been messed with or whatever and they let me have it. It must have been a 'big deal' for it to stick in my memory like that. I don't think I had ever heard of it before then. Once I got older and my friends and I started to have regular sleepovers with the accompaniment snacks and beverages we always made sure to have Mountain Dew. I think that is when it became "my" drink. When I was pregnant I did watch my caffeine so I drank the unleaded kind, but it was such a treat that first day after giving birth to have Bill surprise me with a 2 liter bottle of the good stuff! Ahhhhhhh! And our refrigerator has always had it in it ever since. Believe me we NEVER run out! I am however trying to cut back...I am a bit (well more than a bit) thicker around the middle than I like to be and I know if I drank even ONE less a day it would make a difference. So now I allow myself 2 cans of that glorious sweet beverage a day and drink water the rest of the time. Cmon pounds....start dropping off!!!!!! LOL

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG....Mountain Dew...created by the devil...or so we told my daughter. She used to love it as a young teen;however it made her so hyper you couldn't stand to be in the same room with her...LOL

lam said...

weel I don´t think I ever seen one here in Denmark, but next time I go shopping I will look for it. Thanks for sharing this side off you, couldn´t stop smiling when I read it.

Brook said...

My son would agree with you! Do you remember the commercial when it got the kids so jazzed up they jumped off the cliffs? LOL

Treighsie said...

What a great blog entry!!!

Diana said...

LOL - that stuff would do me in! Fun post!