Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Still Surviving!

I have been lazy in sharing my work in the Survivor Contest I am playing at Scrapbook Chalet. Sorry! Yup, I am still in it. Every week the list gets shorter and shorter...5 gals at a time. Wednesdays are real nailbiters!

The challenge for Week 6 was for us to create a layout using:
3 patterned papers, plus the cardstock
Atleast 2 photos
1 jounaling block
Atleast 10 embellishments (flowers, brads, buttons, metal, etc.)

I usually use at least 3 papers so that wasn't too tricky...but making sure I had at least 10 embellishments was the real tough part for me! I ended up doing my layout using the photos and story about 3 Kings Day. There was plenty of stuff to journal about and I made a crown with 'bling' on it to count as some of the embellishments. I really like how the whole thing came together. I guess everyone else did too cuz I wasn't voted off!



The challenge for last week was a scraplift challenge. Laura gave us 2 layouts done by Leslie Ashe and let us choose one to scraplift. I loved this one she did of her son, it was bright and fun and had a lot of energy. I used a picture of Jeffrey right after we let him get his hair dyed blue. He was so happy and proud of himself and everyone was commenting that they couldn't believe we let him do that. My reply was always "its Just Hair!" (and that really proved to be true...unfortunately for Jeffrey the dye they used wasn't as permanent and he would have liked and in a few weeks he was blonde again.)



This last week Laura opened up the last bit of the voting to everyone on the site because there was a HUGE tie. She said that everyone will get a chance to vote this week too!

3 comments:

Becky said...

your rocking this challenge!

Angela said...

WHOA! Check out the blu hair!! lol Love the layouts girl!

Vicky said...

Great layouts, I like the journaling in the first one...I may do that myself,hehehe! Congrats on still being in!