Friday, March 16, 2007

3rd Place!!!

I so can't believe that I made it that far in the Survivor Challenge at Scrapbook Chalet. The voting this week was SOO close! Because of the time difference it would have been 2AM for me when the polls closed so I didn't wait up to watch exactly how it went but when I was still up it was neck and neck constantly. I would get a vote and then next thing I knew there would be a tie and then someone else would be ahead by one etc. I honestly don't know HOW people chose who to vote for because all 3 of the layouts were top notch, but someone had to go and this time it was me. But remember...the last 3 of us are all winners! I will be recieving a prize too! This is the first time I have tried any contest like this and I had a great time meeting new people and stretching myself and trying some new techniques. I really think I did some of my best work during this time. WhoohooO!

For this last week we were given a sketch from Pencil Lines to work from. It was a TOUGH one with lots of photos! Click HERE to see it. I decided to do mine on the theme of My Favorite Things. It just popped into my head as I was falling asleep the night after we were given the sketch. It took me awhile to find the pictures I wanted and figure out how to fit them in and not look too crowded or busy. Letting a few of them sit at random angles and leaving a white border (on some it looks like a polaroid) helped a lot I think. The part that took the longest was the sewing. I REALLY liked how it added to my layout last week so I knew I wanted to include it on this one as well. I created a kind of 'crazy quilt' design and did a lot of zigzag looking stitching to make that happen. And since I hardly ever get to do flowers with all the boys in our house I HAD to take the chance to add in some 3D ones like Jeanne makes! I used my new Stampin Up stamps on patterned paper and cut them out and played with them til they looked right. FUn! Anyway...enough talk....let's see that layout!!



I want to wish Hard Core Scrapper and Shawna17 the best of luck in this final round!! Laura gave them a TOUGH ad challenge and I can't wait to see how they interpret it! Come see and be sure to vote next Wednesday and see who wins the Cricut!

If you thought this looked like fun....Laura is gearing up for ANOTHER awesome contest this Saturday! I know I will be playing...what about YOU?!!

8 comments:

sollie said...

Hi Didi, I will take part in the next contest too. I hope it's not too difficult!! I voted for you so I'm feeling sorry that you didn't make it to the last 2 persons. You are a winner to me!!! Take care and see you on my blog too, Isolde

Shelley said...

Congratulations on the final 3, and your layout is awesome!

lam said...

Congratulations on the 3rd place.
It´s a awesome layout with many fine details you made.

Vicky said...

Congrats Didi, and the layout you did was awesome(all of them are). Using that many pics is hard, but you did a great job with it.

Susie said...

Di DI If I was in on the voting I would have chosen yours! I looked but was not allowed to vote! It truly rocks!!! Well you will always cherish that layout!!

Nancywithajones said...

YOU ROCK OUTLOUD GIRL!!!!! IM SO PROUD OF YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

*Jeanne* said...

You did an amazing job with this design. I just loved the stitching!

Yep Susie couldn't vote due to being banned from the site!

Yellow Fence said...

What a cute page. Congrats on 3rd place!