Thursday, March 08, 2007

No WAY!!!!

I am SO tickled! I made it through to the last week of the Survivor Contest at Scrapbook Chalet!! I still can't believe it. Thank you thank you I can't say it enough to all the ladies who voted for my layouts. I am still pinching myself! Next week 3 of us, Me, "HardCoreScrapper", and "Shawna17" will be working with the same sketch to see who is the winner. The 1st place prize is a CRICUT! 2nd place winner will receive a 50 dollar gift basket from Scrapbook Chalet and the 3rd place winner a 25 dollar basket. We are all winners!!! This is so exciting, I certainly didn't expect to get this far.

For our Challenge last week Laura paired up the remaining 8 contestants and had us scraplift a layout from the other person's gallery. Margo and I got to scraplift each other. I chose to use a layout she did of her dad because I liked the layering and stitching and doodles on her layout.

Here is Margo's layout:


Here is my layout:

and yes....just like Margo I don't have a sewing machine....so all that sewing you see on both our pages, yup...hand done! My fingers are still fussing at me for that but I think it was worth it! Whoohoooo!!!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Didi as I told you ealier I so love that you made it through. You did an awesome job on the lift of my page. I am cheering you on, can you hear me across all that water LOL

Shelley said...

Congratulations! You did a great job on your page! I still can't believe you hand-stitched! I so would've been drawing those stitches on!

Nancywithajones said...

CONGRATS LADY!!!! You did great on these woman!!!!

Jaci Clark said...

HUGE congrats on making it through Didi! I love your lift of Margo's LO! Just awesome!

Good luck in the final round!

Cheers from across the water

Anam_Kihaku said...

beautiful work. hope it goes your wya girl!

Vicky said...

The layout is really great...both!!!! I like the softness of the colors you used. Great job yet again Didi. Good luck to you.

VMS and ScrapbookingOasis said...

Awesome work!

Tammy said...

Hey there! Haven't seen you this weekend! I wonder how your work on the last page of the contest is going? It is a great sketch but it is a little complicated. I have drooled over it but never tried it myself. Just thinkin' of you.

Susie said...

Awesome job! so glad you are still in the running! so deserving! aawesome layout

mama_in_pajamas said...

I love your LO! Nicely done!