Thursday, January 04, 2007

Christmas Round 2!

Yes I know that it is now January and 2007 and all that, but we had another Christmas last night at our house...whoooohoooo! Since Bill took time off from work from the 22nd until yesterday we haven't been in to the base where the mail room is since then and there were GOODIES waiting for us! The first box was for Colin from us, a pair of Heely shoes!! He has been asking for them for some time now and Colin doesn't often ask for much specifically so we worked extra hard to find them for him. (They are shoes with wheels in the heels that you can glide around on) It wasn't easy....Colin has grown SO much and his feet have grown too (of course!) They say that the Heely shoes run small so to order a size larger...Colin wears mens size 11 1/2 shoes and the biggest size Heelys come in is a mens 12. We couldn't find any one eBay in his size and a lot of the sites that sell them didn't have them in larger sizes and even then we weren't sure if the 12 would be big enough. He tried them on yesterday and they fit! Yeah! He will be trying them out today.




The next box was for me....it was the one thing that I asked specifically for, the 2007 Autumn Leaves scrapbooking calender! It has a different card for every day of the year with a project on each one and instructions and everything. Bill had to look high and low for it, and scrapbooking isn't his 'thing' so it wasn't easy but he found it!! I think that is so sweet of him!

I also got a box from Lynette Daniel...my 'boss' and friend and owner of Scrap That Moment, the site I am a senior designer for. I can't believe it but I have been working with Lynette for almost 3 years! One of the extra special ways she recognizes those of us who have been around awhile is to give us a month vacation each year from our project requirements. I opted to take mine this month since I knew Jeffrey would be here and I would want to use my time with him. What a surprise to get a box of products this month too. It is the sponser goodies that I would have gotten if I hadn't taken the month off....I didn't realize it was a PAID vacation!!!! Thank you Lynette!!! I can't show you pictures of the goodies because the sponsor hasn't been revealed yet, but come to Scrap That Moment and check out That Gallery next week and you will see all the wonderful creations the others have done.

The next box we got was for the whole family. It was gifts from Billie and her family in Florida. Billie is Bill's oldest niece and it was such a nice surprise to get a package from her. She sent a radio for Colin, a nice framed photo of your boys (WOW they have grown SOO much and are SOO cute!!!), and a special gift of 3 water jugs given in our honor to needy families in one of 26 different countries. It is a special program called America Unwrapped, check it out! Thank you Billie!!!!

Our last box was from my parents in Arkansas. It was FULL of snowmen for me (and a check!), a gift for Colin (and a check!), a gift (and check!) for Bill, and more goodies for all of us. Mom and Dad...you spoil us!!! I took a picture of my new snowmen before I introduce them to their new friends in the entryway, I think they will fit in just fine don't you?


4 comments:

Shirley said...

Didi what an awesome surprise! Colin looks so happy with his new Heeley's and I totally LOVE all your new snowmen! Lynette is a sweetheart for giving you a PAID vacation this month! I can't wait to see who the sponsor is for January!

Kip said...

wow, you all did have a second Christmas and I love your snowmen!!!

Kip

Emily said...

hee hee! Love those new snowmen! My husband bought me the DVD of The Snowman animation for Christmas. We watched it as a family. My boys LOVED it! It took me back to my childhood- I have watched it every year since it was first shown on the TV in 1982... it's tradition to see it now!

How great to have a second christmas too. Happy New Year! :O)

Scrappytbear said...

That's awesome, I LOVE a second Christmas! When we were kids, Christmas used to go on and on and on....I dont find that near so much any more! Love your snowmen, wow on the shoes, those are some big shoes! Merry Christmas :)