Monday, January 22, 2007

Batten down the hatches!

Actually this is old news...from last week, but I didn't have any pictures to go with it then so I didn't blog about it. Thursday we had a HUGE windstorm called Storm Kyrill. Click here to read more about it. Colin usually comes home from school in the evening when Bill picks him up from the youth activity center on base but that day he surprised me by coming home on the bus. He said that he felt safer coming straight home and that they had announced over the intercom at school for everyone to go right home and stay inside and not to linger near the buildings. I knew it was windy but had no idea it was THAT windy. I read that some gusts were up to over 125 miles per hour! We didn't see much damage around our area, but Saturday we drove north about an hour to pick up an Ebay win and saw a bunch of huge pine trees that had been literally snapped off like matchsticks and others that were uprooted. Scary stuff! I am so glad that we don't have any trees near our home to worry about and that no roof tiles came loose. Here are some pictures I took of the fallen trees and also a house on the edge of our town that DID get some roof tiles loosened. Yikes! I wouldn't want one of those to fall on my head!

3 comments:

Francine Burgess said...

wow those pictures are amazing DidI...Storms can be wonderful things, so intense but also very scary....
also must say loved your survivor layout this week..gorgeous!

scraphappy aka sandy said...

hi just found your blog today amazing lo i have only taken up scrapping at christmas and my layouts are very amatureish any hints tips or good ideas would be welcomed your blog page is so well organised too, mine is all over the place

Jaci Clark said...

Oh my goodness! When I was little a mild tornado came through a neighboring town and it looked just like those pics! Glad you guys are OK!

BTW...I just love your LO on Heidelberg!!