Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Quirks? naaah not me! :)

quirk Audio pronunciation of "quirk" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kw�rk)
n.
  1. A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy: “Every man had his own quirks and twists” (Harriet Beecher Stowe).
  2. An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.
  3. A sudden sharp turn or twist.
  4. An equivocation; a quibble.
  5. Architecture. A lengthwise groove on a molding between the convex upper part and the soffit.


[Origin unknown.]
quirki·ly adv.
quirki·ness n.
quirky adj.



One very cool part of Scrap That Moment is the challenges. There are scrapbooking challenges, journaling challenges, card challenges and new this month...Blog Challenges! The challenge this week is to list some of our quirks. I guess it would have been easier to ask folks around me what THEY think my quirks are, cuz I think I am a pretty low maintanance easy going person and coming up with at least 5 quirks was indeed a challenge. (for me...maybe I should interview Bill and see what HE says my quirks are! LOL) So without any further ado.....some of my quirks:

1. I love cheese! But not American Processed Cheese..you know...the yellow orange slices that are really NOT cheese at all. Ewwww. I can't stand it, it's not cheese, I don't know how they can get away with calling it cheese! Oh, but there is one good use for it, and that I will eat and enjoy...Toasted Cheese sandwiches MUST be made with American Processed Cheese. Yeah..I know...I'm weird.

2. I can't stand the feel of raw meat on my hands. Making a meatloaf or forming meatballs or hamburgers or cutting up a chicken is TORTURE to me! Just that greasy slimy sticky (insert shudder here) feeling takes me over the edge!! I won't buy a whole chicken, I just can't deal with it. Hamburger patties come already made and so do meatballs! Since my guys love meatloaf I will endure it for them...if that's not love I don' t know what is!

3. I can't sleep on my back. It just feels WRONG. This makes sleeping on an airplane or in a car very difficult so I have to get by the window so I can twist around and lean over onto it and trick myself into thinking I am on my side.

4. I am a packrat. There...I said it...isn't admitting it the first step to dealing with a problem? I just love stuff...all kinds of stuff. I save papers, receipts, notes, email, books, scrapbooks stuff (but of course!), cards. Sometimes we try to clean and I try to bring things under control...but it is so hard...cuz I LIKE my stuff, I don't know what I'll do with it...but someday I might NEEED it!

5. I can't wear fingernail polish. I know this makes no physiological sense, but I swear my fingernails can't BREATHE under nail polish. Yes....I can feel them suffocating under it, it is a tight uncomfortable incredibly stressful feeling. I guess my toenails are different, I can wear polish on them just fine.



Wow....reading this makes me sound really really odd!! Ok....no comments from the peanut gallery!!!


1 comment:

Athene said...

You are just way too funny and a little quirky but I like you that way-then I don't look soo odd! Bawahahaha!