Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A little something for the teachers...

I almost decided to be cheesy and get Colin's teachers storebought gifts this year. (The horror!) But Colin was set on us making something together for each one and I couldn't say no to that so we stuck with our original plan and put together sets of Marble Magnets for them. I had bought the supplies a while ago and let him use some of the marbles to make game pieces for a project he had so he was all set to do that. We ended up making 5 sets of 6 magnets and I altered some mint tins to put them in. We found those at a flea market...a huge case of empty mint tins, if Bill hadn't been there to keep me in line I might have bought the whole lot! It was a fun project and Colin and I like how they turned out. Hope the teachers like them too!!


6 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Those are gorgeous - love them! If the teacher don't like them - I will take them ;:-))))

Cammeron said...

Those are so much fun!! I bet the teachers would love them!

Vicky said...

Those are great, absolutely love them!!! I think it's nice that you and Colin did them together. Did I mention that I was a teacher...you could always send one my way, LOL.

Robyn said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Anam_Kihaku said...

wow!! how did you make the marble magnets - they are gorgeous
!

Kip said...

What a great gift and so innovative. I'm sure the teachers loved them. What type of school does your son go to?

Kip