Friday, September 08, 2006

Who can resist a challenge?

I am part of the design team at the best scrapbook community site on the internet called Scrap That Moment . Most everyone who comes to visit us agrees that it just feels like home. Some of my best friends online and in real life hang out there. One of the fun things we have going on are Challenges. There are all kinds of them. I must admit that a lot of times I think I am too busy to do them, but I am working on changing that cuz they are so much fun!

The one I worked on last night was Cari's Card Challenge. She gives us a sketch each month to base our card design on. Here is the card I came up with:




Another challenge that is fun to do (and also to see what other people do with it) is the Blog Challenge. Jocelyn (aka JWDazzle) posts these every day in the That Other Talk forum. Today's Blog Challenge Question is: When was the last time you were at a Scrapbook Store? How much did you spend? And what did you buy?

Over here in Germany we don't have very many scrapbook stores, but we are lucky to have a nice Arts and Crafts store on our base and they have a nice selection of scrapbooking goodies. I needed to get some baby girl stuff to use on the card I made for Cari's challenge so that is where I went...yesterday! Before that it had been since July when I was in the States that I had been in a scrapbook store. I didn't spend much this time (12 dollars) because I was forcing myself to only shop for this project this time...and I actually (mostly) stuck to it! I got some pink paper, some baby rub-ons, and a booklet full of rub-on stitches. I know mom....you hate rub-ons! But I love 'em...and love the look of sewing on layouts so I couldn't resist picking up those rub-ons.

4 comments:

~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Well, if it isn't Ms. Roche Motel herself?! I had FUN reading your blog! Thanks for playing. Hope to see more of yah!

Jocelyn

Gaspegirl said...

Sounds like my last experience scrapbook shopping... and it is a lovely card that you made! TFS

Kimberly Rae said...

that is too cute! Is that the Daisy D' lullabye papers?

Staceyface1 said...

Great card! I really have to start these challenges! Oh, and what's not to love about rub-ons? Silly Mommy!