Tuesday, September 12, 2006

People are People

They say you should learn something new every day. That's my way of paraphrasing today's STM Blog Challenge. Sooo...what did I learn yesterday?

It was a pretty introspective kinda day. I have been reading a lot of blogs lately...and am really enjoying getting to know the REAL people behind the blog. I even read some blogs of what I consider to be famous or well known people (in the scrapbooking world anyway). I hadn't done that up until now because I have this image of them built up in my mind as these 'beautiful people' living beautiful lives in their beautiful houses and of course creating beautiful pages about all of this. How cool to read about the same daily struggles and worries and mishaps that they are going through. Gosh some of what I read sounds like stuff that goes on in MY house! Imagine that! I have always been a bit of a perfectionist...and I am the kind of perfectionist that tends to give up something before attempting it because I feel the 'failure' that would occur if I should do something less than perfect. The horror! Sooo...with a little help from outside myself....I am going to TRY very very hard to learn (OK...I know Yoda says..."there is no TRY, only DO"...) that there are no "normal people"...there are no "abnormal people"...there are just PEOPLE. We are all Fallible Human Beings. I am a Fallible Human Being. You are a Fallible Human Being. All the 'beautiful people' are also Fallible Human Beings. It doesn't make anyone any more or less of a person that we have struggles and make mistakes. What a concept! I hope this makes even a scrap of sense to anyone who may struggle through reading it.

1 comment:

~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

I gotcha Chickie! That's not heavy. That's something I would have said! So you go girl. We're all BEINGS!! Just BE!

Glad I'm getting to know you more! Hope to get to meet you in real life someday!

Joz