Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ahhh, its so nice to live in Europe!


Where else can you hop in the car and take a Sunday afternoon drive into France? It was a gorgeous day and we pulled out the map and picked out some roads that were marked scenic, grabbed our cameras and headed out. We found several cute little villages, one that was right on the border between France and Germany. When I was a kid I always thought it would be cool to have a house right on a border (of course then I envisioned straddling a STATE line, not a country line!) and we found a house that had a border gate right out their front door. I had to get some pictures. We ended up touring a fortress in a French town called Bitche (pronounced Beach) before heading back to Germany.

(It has taken me a bit to get online cuz we were having SEVERE computer difficulties...but we have a new machine now and are FLYING! Whoohoo!!!!)

No comments: