Monday, August 25, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time Of The Year...

No I'm not talking about Christmas already....It's the first day of school!! I suppose Colin and all the other kids who are starting school today might disagree but I know the other moms will be singing the same song along with me. HaHa. Actually Colin was looking forward to school starting and seeing his friends again and finding out about his classes and all that. But it's not cool to act TOO excited now is it? I can't believe that he is already a sophmore. Didn't I just walk him to his kindergarten classroom a few weeks ago?? I better not blink or he will graduate before I know it!



Jeffrey has been in school a few weeks already but I don't have any back to school photos of him. He is a JUNIOR this year! One of his classes is called "employability skills". I guess he already put those skills to use because he called the other night to tell us that he got a job! For some time now he has been eligible to get a job off the Boys Town campus and he has been filling out applications all over the place. He is working at a restaurant called Johnny's Italian Steakhouse. It is a pretty upscale place that is "reminiscent of the traditional 40's style supper clubs". He has to wear a bow tie! One of his friends works there and he says that he gets great tips and it is a fun place to work. I hope he enjoys it. His first 'real' job!!! If you are near Omaha and get a chance to eat there maybe you will see him.



And for all my scrappin' friends out there....isn't that the coolest digi kit I used for Colin's sophomore layout?? It is a freebie from Laura at C.W. Picket & Company! I know lots of you have kiddos starting school about now too...so go click on the link and check out the goodies!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Hey, I want to send you a coupon for letting me show off your layout! If I reply to the email you sent, will it get to you?? I love the layout!

Anonymous said...

Hi Didi!

This thread might help you on photobooks & printing:

http://tinyurl.com/5zdp5c

HTH!


Z.

JulesinParadise said...

Didi, thanks for posting to my blog. I didn't use a kit for the layout...I put the MM products together myself from my lss. I adore MM!

mama_in_pajamas said...

Hi there! I've got to get back to the Shanty! I miss you gals there, but life has been pretty crazy here and I have little time on the computer, it seems. Anyways...thanks for visiting my poor little bloggie. I can't believe anyone else I know has owned Comets. How funny!

Anonymous said...

Check out my version of The Most Wonderful Time of the Year at http://jackiepapandrew.blogspot.com/2008/08/most-wonderful-time-of-year.html...

JulesinParadise said...

Happy birthday belatedly and congrats to your son for landing that great job. Your layout is super!

Anonymous said...

Hi Didi!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog (scrapping corner) and leaving your comment on my freebies... I would LOVE to see your LOs when you complete them... I love what I see here... you do gorgeous LOs! You can contact me at lindafl07@hotmail.com and send me either the links to the gallery you have posted them to .. or the jpg files... I can't wait to see them! Thanks again!!

Have a great weekend!
Hugs..
Linda.. :)