Saturday, January 27, 2007

Snow snow..we have snow!!

Yes Winter has finally graced us with its presence here in Heidelberg! Whoohoo! I wish I had photos to share with you, but the snow is actually very light and patchy and it is weird...it will fall for awhile, big fluffy flakes...then the sun will come out and melt it all and then an hour later it will snow somemore. Ah well... Today we pretty much spent the entire day inside because it just wasn't a very nice day outside. I made a pot of chili and scrapbooked the day away. I worked on some altered projects this time. The 3rd week of Scrapbook Chalet Survivor is here and I am still in it! Whoohoo! Our challenge this week is to do an altered item. Yesterday I went to IKEA and browsed til I found something that caught my eye. SO many cool things it was tough to choose, but I eventually narrowed it down to a kitchen timer and a cool little box with a lid. The kitchen timer I thought would be a unique idea...and it did turn out different, but I'm not sure if it is a winner and I wanted to do something not so brown this time. We will still use our timer though...for all sorts of things!


I spent the afternoon working on the little box. THIS I love! I will use it to hold my scissors and tape runner and Xacto knife and all the little scrapbooking essentials that I am having to drag out every time I want to work on a project. It is COLD in my scrapbook room, and I just like being out here where the TV and computer and everyone is, so I scrapbook on the dining room table. Works for me!



This next week is the big CHA convention and Lynette our fearless leader from Scrap That Moment is going to be there debuting some new goodies for Scrappy Chick. If you are there be sure to check out booth #543 and say hello! The rest of us who won't be in California are holding down the fort back at the website and having all sorts of fun challenges and games cuz you know when the cat is away the mice will play! Come and join us, you could win something fun! We are getting the whole family involved in this party...husbands and kiddos are invited to create too. It's the Design Team vs. everyone else (well we DT gals get to claim our family member's creations)...who will scrapbook the most??? Colin did his part last night...he did a scrapbook page about our trip to Dublin and even did some great journaling. Whoohoo!


7 comments:

Margaret said...

I love that kitchen timer

*Jeanne* said...

Hey there Didi!

I love your timer. How stinkin' cute is that?

I so love your gorgeous box... I love the quote on it.

Hey I am jealous.. We want snow!

hugs friend!

Suzanne said...

Love the box and the timer. Especially the timer, because it is so different from the kind of thing you usually see altered.

Keep up the good work in the Survivor challenge!

Christina said...

Who-da-thunk-it! ;) An altered timer! That is great!!!

Vicky said...

Good job to hubby on his LO, and I love your altered items. The timer is such a neat idea, and the box is pretty.

Susie said...

I love the timer too, it looks primitive which is how my kitchen decor is done! love it!!!

Nancywithajones said...

THAT TIMER IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOC UTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE








SEND ME SNOWWW